Wasp stings, bee stings and hornets stings had never been important in my life until one day I had to be resuscitated, the result of an allergic reaction to wasp venom called anaphylaxis. I was a healthy man with a young active family, relishing life, and I had nearly died as result of a tiny little wasp. I just couldn’t believe it!
I had never even heard of the allergic reaction called anaphylaxis before and I decided then that I wanted to spend part of my life finding out more and helping other people who have suffered from an insect sting – from the simple sting that just hurts a lot to the potentially deadly sting reaction that I suffered. This is what this website is all about.
understanding reactions to wasps, bees, hornets and ants
Launched in February 2002, the Insect Stings website is therefore a serious but hopefully accessible resource on this strange subject and offers lots of information. It is meant to be educational and informative, and particularly helpful to those individuals who have had a particularly unpleasant reaction to an insect sting or bite.
The site is a lot bigger than it looks and includes the following information:
- the story of the adventure so far
- the hunt for and successful discovery of a safe and effective medical treatement called venom immunotherapy or desensitization
- information, knowledge and support about hornet stings, bee stings, wasp stings and ant stings
- insect repellents and insect sting relief products
- the effects of insect stings
- the treatments and the remedies
Lots of younger visitors like to know for their school work whether bee and wasp stings are acid or alkali and this question is also answered in this website!
I hope you find this website helpful and informative!